Spooky Express I fought the law and the law won Sunday thoughts
Post by Spooky
– Colorado State 48, Washington State 45– Epic collapse by the Coogs, who led 45-30 with 3:00 to play, but fumbled twice and lost a game in which they were outgained 595-400, but led 35-13 late in second quarter. Gotta love it as Colorado State was one of our biggest plays of the bowl season.
– USC 45, Fresno State 20– Trojans have resilient kids, playing for three different head coaches this year; they crushed Fresno here, leading 35-6 at the half. Bulldogs were good on defense; USC’s speed on defense smothered the Fresno offense. By far the best and worst game of the day. As an SC fan it was the best. They absolutely crushed Fresno and basically only gave up 1 touchdown all day outside of interception return and tough field position early after onside kick that early that failed based on weird rule in college.
– San Diego State 49, Buffalo 24– Aztecs survived 13 penalties for 122 yards to beat MAC team that was favored. By the way, Buffalo’s AD is son of the Duke AD, which is why Bobby Hurley is Buffalo’s hoop coach. Awful pick by us here at the Express but I guess you cant always handicap turnovers.
– UL-Lafayette 24, Tulane 21– Someone needs to teach Tulane’s coaches a course in game management; they screwed up the last minute of this game pretty badly, winding up with a 48-yard FG instead of trying one last pass into end zone to win game. ULL QB Broadway played this game with cast on his right arm. Cajuns are just fourth team in last 30 years to win the same bowl game three years in a row. Tulane tied game after trailing 21-0. Another nice winner for the Express and a perfect example how when the line goes the other way it just benefits us and gives us more value on a selection.
– Shin Soo-Choo gets $130M for seven years from Texas; he had a .423 OB% last year, with 21 homers, 20 steals, 107 runs scored. Are you kidding me? $130M. And they wonder why baseball is losing interest with the younger generation.
– Brook Lopez broke his foot, is out for the year, as Nets’ year from hell continues; Lopez already had a screw in the foot he re-broke.
– As if this season couldn’t be any more strange for the Dolphins, they’re in Buffalo this weekend to take on the Bills later today in an AFC East showdown. According to the Palm Beach Post, at about 3:30am this morning, they fire alarm went off in their Buffalo-area hotel. The alarm was shut off after a few minutes, but some people actually left their room.
– If anyone is interested in our private College Football Bowl contest and/or our Super Bowl Pool send us an email or message for details
— Sign up at FanDuel using http://spookyexpress.com/fanduel and Spooky promo code for Daily Fantasy Football, NBA and NHL leagues.
SPOOKY EXPRESS PLAYS OF THE DAY
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS +3
BUFFALO BILLS +3
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS +4