Aqueduct – November 23, 2019
We had a very good weekend at Aqueduct last weekend. Let us see if we can do it again.
Race 2 – outer turf
- 2 – CITY TEMPER – Gargan/Carmouche. Gargan has been red hot of late with his horses. This first time starter could be placed perfectly to break her maiden.
- 8 – CHOUCHOU DE BOO – Bush/Castellano. Second career start is when horses improve the most, add to the fact you have this jockey trainer combo and you have a legit win threat.
- 10 –MAGNETIQUE – Pletcher/Johnny V. Forth try at maiden ranks. Here is the thing, if this one gets out front she could be gone, but there are many first time starters who will run for the lead. Horse tends to fade at the end. It is a risk taking to win. Exotics.
Race 6 – inner turf
This race could produce some big odds. I see these horses placed in here as a lead up to Gulfstream Park.
- 1 – TELEPHONE TALKER – Brown/Jose Ortiz. Second time out horse with a very nice 87 Beyer in debut. Others will have to fire a very good race to match this horse. WINNER!
- 7 – KINENOS – Cox/ Castellano. For those of you who follow me, you know I take this combo every time at Saratoga. I will stick with that here. Second time out with a decent 71 Beyer in debut. He is deep closer who will be flying late. Use in all wagers.
- 8 – MANDATE – Pletcher/Carmouche. Horse is out of BLAME (Arch) and dam side has EMPIRE MAKER in breeding. Sneaky 1/31 bullet work two back. Pletcher has two entries in here; this one could be over looked. Exotics.
- 10 – VOODOO ZIP – Gargan/Franco. Second time out horse with another 71 Beyer in career debut. Franco is legit threat on inner turf, 8/104 work two back. Exotics.
Race 9 – Red Smith Stakes – Grade 3 – inner turf
- 3 – NAKAMURA – Motion/Jose Ortiz. In a race that is 1 ½ miles I am taking this closer. Was winner of three in a row then had traffic trouble last two races. He will be flying late and should be in the money.
- 7 – SADLER’S JOY – Albertrani/Castellano. Easily the class of the field. Big closing kick. Should be winner, but that is why they race.
- 8 – RED KNIGHT – Mott/Alvarado. Mott is the man when it comes to stakes races. This horse won last out with a nice closing kick. Rider sticks, which is a good sign. Use in exotics.
Most likely to win
Race 6 – TELEPHONE TALKER
Long Shot of the Day
Race 3 – STERLING BEAUTY
(Franco/Donk are a very sneaky lethal combo and we get Franco in inner turf. 15-1 morning line)
- Races 7-10
- Race 7 – 2, 6, 7
- Race 8 – 2, 5, 7, 8
- Race 9 – 7
- Race 10 – ALL
By using a single in race 9, we can afford the “ALL” button in race 10.
Good luck and thanks for horse racing with Dietz!