Race 7 – TURF
This race comes out on the inside field and then hits the main track, called “turf chute.” The issue is the inside posts have to break well or they are screwed.
- 3 – KITTY BOOM BOOM – Baltas/Franco. Drop in class for a horse that has never been out of the money in four career starts. Major win threat.
- 7 – COURTEOUS – Mandella/Talamo. Speed of the speed in here. My concern in the distance. Not a winner, but exotics.
- 8 – OUT OF BALANCE – Hofmans/Prat. Looking back at the Breeders Cup, nobody was hotter than Flavian Pratt. He did win a race, but was also in the money 8/9 races at big odds. Good day for him. This horse is a closer and that is Talamo’s specialty on turf. Use in all wagers.
Race 8 – BOB HOPE STAKES – GRADE 3 – DIRT
Crappy race with only six horses.
- 1 – RAGER – Lerner/Garcia – Second time out with a 63 Beyer in debut. Had a slow start to rally late to win. Clean break will make this interesting.
- 3 – THOUSAND WORDS – Baffert/Prat – Second time out horse with a whopping 88 Beyer in debut. Paid $1,000,000 for this horse who has impeccable breeding (PIONEER OF NILE). I read about this horse in September. He wins this race and this horse will be aimed at the Kentucky Derby.
- 5 – HIGH VELOCITY – Baffert/Van Dyke. Another second time out horse with a nice 81 Beyer in debut. He got something out of his debut when he stalked and then took over in deep stretch. He will be game in this one.
Race 9 – TURF
- 1 – ENDLESS TALE – Baltas/Bejarano. Second time out horse has the most chance to improve. Goes from sprint to route, which is another angle. Nice price at 12-1 morning line. Use in all wagers.
- 7 – COOL YOUR JETS – Ruis/Espinoza. Horse has been trying to break the maiden ranks for 14 races, I do not see it happening here, but exotics are legit.
- 8 – PLAY MONEY – Hofmans/Espinoza. Great turf jockey in Ezpinoza. Nice rate and close style. He should be in the mix.