Here we go again with Kentucky Downs. I will tell you again, I do not proclaim to be proficient at this racecourse. I will do my best to read the form and give you my advice, but this is a very, very tough track to handicap.
I will say that Tyler Gaffalione has been red hot of late winning three races last Saturday and few more the day prior when they ran. Maybe something to key on in exactas and PICK 4’s.
I find it odd that Chad Brown has not had an entry at this meet so far. I have always said, “Brown is very good at placing his horse.” He must not see any benefit or timing for his horses to run. Still, I find it odd.
I am big on second time out horses. I see one here with Gaffalione in the saddle.
- 6 – FINITE – Asmussen/Jose Ortiz. Third race of the form cycle with a solid 74 Beyer last out. He should be the best in here.
- 8 – EMILY’S OASIS – Wilkes/Hernandez. Hernandez is very good on turf. Horse is third race of the form cycle and second try on turf. Was on the lead last race at 1 mile and faded in stretch. Cuts back to 6 ½ Furlongs.
- 9 – HURRICAN BREEZE – Walsh/Gaffalione. Second career start. Horse had some closing kick in career debut. Improvement is expected and jockey is lethal on turf sprints.
- 6 – IMPERIAL CONFLICT – Oliver/Bejarano. Horse shows nothing but bullet works for career debut. Worth a shot. Bejarano is very good on turf. Exotics.
- 8 – ALFIE SOLOMONS – Ward/Gaffalione. Ward likes to have his first timers fire Gaffalione in the saddle on turf sprint. Exotics.
- 11 – HILLBILLY DELUX – Miller/Prat. Flavian Prat is lethal on west coast on turf races. Horse has been 3rd and second last two races. Enters this third race of the form cycle. Use in all wagers.
- 1 – JADES GELLY – Ward/Gaffalione. Yes, I am riding Gaffalione today. He will win a race. Ward is again lethal with first time starters. Nice 10-1 morning line.
- 4 – ROMAN CITY – Second time out horse against first time starters. It is an angle to follow.
- 8 – SPUN BEAUTY – Larry Jones/Saez. Jones bought in some long shots last year on this course. Saez in better on turf than dirt. He will be a big price. Worth a shot in exotics.
- 11 – CRAFT WOODS – Castellano/Maker. This rare combo can be deadly together. Never easy going up against more experienced horses, but Castellano is good.
- 1 – LOST IN LIMBO – Coa/Proctor. Horse tried turf for the first time last race and closed very well to win. Now he stretches out to 7 furlongs and horses tend to improve second time on new surface. Rider sticks. This will be a big price to use in exotics. Take a chance on a small win wager.
- 5 – GEMONTEER – Antonucci/Castellano. THIS HORSE HAS BOUNCE WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. Third race of the form cycle, but he jumped 23 points off the lay-off race. Watch this bite me in the ass.
- 9 – KITTENS CAT – Maker/Gaffalione. Solid works coming in for this turf horse. Gaffalione is in the saddle and this one should be in the money with ease.
I really like the 14 horse in race 9, ABYSSINIAN. If this horse gets in, I would wheel him back and forth in an exacta and do a WPS wager.
Good luck and thanks for horse racing with Dietz!