The Saratoga racing season ended on September 2. Jose Ortiz won the riding title beating out his brother Irad by seven wins, 59-52. Chad Brown easily won the trainers title 41-19 over Todd Pletcher.
I have to day Todd did not do as well as I thought he would this summer. I did start using the Ortiz brothers on his maiden horses towards the end of the meet. Maybe Johnny V. is getting set to retire.
The owner’s title went to Klavarich stables with a whopping 19 wins. There is a new Sherriff in town as far owners go. Repole Stables along with Ken and Sarah Ramsey were the ones who used to battle for the title.
We rode Chad Brown all summer long and our stats showed. During the second half of the season, we handicapped 65 races, eight were taken off the turf and one entire day was cancelled due to weather. Fifty-eight races in total.
- 35 Winners
- 24 place
- 19 show
- 9 exactas
- 2 triples
- ZERO PICK 4’s were hit, but we did have eight that were three of four.
- 5 Most Likely To Win
- 1 Long Shot of the Day (five were scratched)
- We did hit two PICK 3’s on Travers Day
- Had at least one horse in the money 93% of our handicapped races
- We has a winner 60% of the races we handicapped
Compared to the first half stats, and we were consistent all race season long with our picks.
We did drop off in the PICK 4 area with zero in the second half. Something to work on.
As far as the write up goes, we are doing very well. I have handicapped over 75 races, nine were taken off the turf so 64 races have been run.
- 38 winners
- 36 place
- 30 third
- 16 exactas
- 10 triples
- Four PICK 4’s (One being at Arlington)
- 10 Most Likely to Win
- 2 Long Shot of the Day
- Had at least one horse in the money a whopping 93% of the races handicapped.
Season long stats for the SPOOKY EXPRESS
Total races handicapped: 126
- 73 Winners
- 60 Place
- 49 Show
- 25 Exactas
- 12 Triples
- 4 PICK 4’s
- 15 Most Likely to Win
- 3 Long Shot of the Day (11 were scratched)
- Whopping 93% of having at least one horse in the money.
- 56% of the races handicapped we picked the winner!!
Belmont runs this weekend, but Kentucky Downs has four more days of racing. I will be handicap the last few days of Kentucky Downs and the start of Belmont on weekends with a few big days at other tracks leading up to Breeders Cup Day the first weekend in November.
Thank you for following us at The Spooky Express.