Baccarat is a casino game that is like all others in that there is no surefire way to beat the game and win. However, if you follow a few tips it can increase your chances to win. This is the case if you are playing baccarat at a land-based casino or an online casino. Here are a few baccarat tips to follow to help you come out ahead.
• Know the Rules – Baccarat is like any other game in the more you know the rules the greater your chances are to win. You know that there are the three bets of the banker, player, and tie but you also need to be aware of when to bet and not to bet, the odds for each bet, and the house edge. The more you really know the game of baccarat the more you have a chance to win.
• Know the Odds – There are only three bets that you can make for baccarat in the player, banker, and tie. The best odds to win favor the banker bet (45.8%) followed by the player bet (44.62%), and the tie (9.54%).
• Avoid the Tie Bet – The tie bet is when you and the dealer have the same hand and it pays out well, as often the payout for the tie is 8:1. However, while the payout is good ties do not happen often. For the tie bet to be a solid one to make the dealer and the player have to tie once every eight times and it happens much less than that, so the tie bet is a losing situation.
• If You are Hesitant Bet the Banker – The odds are not much better for the banker bet but they are better than the player bet. Overall, anytime you can make a casino bet with the better win percentage you should do so, and the banker bet falls into this category. There is no real strategy to betting banker, but it has better odds of being the winning bet so if you have hesitation take that bet, as the odds will be in your favor.
• Have Good Money Management – This is a rule of thumb for any type of gambling and goes for baccarat as well. Having solid money management will not increase your odds of winning but it can help you be smart with your money, which can make the baccarat session last longer and that can help you win. It is a good idea to come up with a set bet amount for each hand. You can stray from that betting a little more if you are streaking and betting a little less if you are cold. However, do not stray far from what you plan to bet on each hand. Also, never hedge your bets and that means do not chase losses by betting more on the next hand or hands trying to quickly get your money back. Chip away at losses, as chasing losses is the quickest way to lose money not win it.
• Know the Banker Bet Odds – Typically, the commission a casino charges for a banker bet win is 5%. However, some casinos go over that and you need to check that, as the higher the commission is for the banker bet the more it will take away from that bet being the one with the lowest house edge.